Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Continuing to learn

Howdy all, I believe I have this picture thing finally figured out .. so I think I'm back up and running with hopefully pictures  :)  

I signed up for Christy Tomlinson's art journaling class which I think was first offered a couple years ago.   It's one of the best classes I've found if you're new to art journaling or even mixed media .. I love her style.  The workshop is called "She had three hearts art journaling" this workshop gives you the basics of everything from the brushes to paints, sprays, gesso's, pan pastels and more.   She teaches you how to incorporate these mediums into your journal pages.    She teaches you layering of papers, paints, sprays and other elements you can use on your pages.

Below is a page I did to learn how to layer sprays and paints.  I used the basic acrylic paints you can purchase at Michaels or Hobby Lobby and a white paint pen to outline and add some pop to hearts.   I also wrote with my own writing on the page.   This is something I don't normally do since I don't really like my handwriting, but it is mine and I'm going to have to learn to embrace it  :)


I have a long way to go, but I am having so much fun on this new journey called art journaling.  I am totally loving the messy inky fun I'm having just exploring this new medium.

This link will take you Christy's site where all her workshops are listed


http://scarletlime.com/workshops.html


Thanks for stopping in for a looksee ...  have a crafty day !!

No comments:

Post a Comment