Total Pageviews

Monday, March 24, 2014

Pinterest Inspired Hazel and Ruby Project

Howdy all .. the start of another week !   It's starting off cold here in St. Louis .. I never know from day to day if Winter or Spring will meet me as I walk out the door.   I started another project using my Hazel and Ruby stencil masks.  I found a quote on Pinterest (credit: motherlanddesigns)  when I saw it I immediately knew I had to use my stencil masks

I wish I could write like that, but I did the next best thing .. STENCIL MASKS !!!    I had an erase board and I decided to redo it.








So I added some Hazel and Ruby Pass the Tissue - teal then/white polka dot paper on the background and placed my stencils







I used white acrylic paint and brushed over .. I really need some practice on getting my paint on evenly and not heavy in some spots and light in others.    The paint soaked into the paper and dried pretty quick, it's a learning process  :) 



I thought I might be done at this point .. I added a Teresa Collins flower to the frame.   I just didn't LOVE it so I kept thinking and digging into my stash of goodies to see what I could put on there to break up the white ..  so my Mom had this bag of flowers and some were the teal color so I tried them and it helped.   I also added a mason jar chipboard around the flower and a star pin to give it alittle more build up.    All in all not bad .. I think once I learn to get my paint more evenly covered that will help.  I used the Brooklyn Alpha and Blindside Alpha stencil masks.    Here is the finished "maybe" project.


Hope everyone has a great week !    Thanks for stopping in for a look and Happy Crafting  !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful creation! Love the great sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete