Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Paint

Howdy all !!   Hope everyone's week is starting off good .. I know mine has been one heck of a week for only two days in  :)    I have not been the best at keeping up with the Simon Says Monday Challenge, but hopefully I'm back on track.    This weeks theme is .. PAINT.

I follow Faber-Castell's blog and Monday they had a really good video tutorial on from Lisa doing a canvas.    The basic concept came from that video, but I did add a lot of my own touches.   I started with an 8x8 flat canvas and cut 1 3/4 inch strips and laid them down on the canvas, then I covered them with a thin coat of mod podge.


Then I began to add some modeling paste mixed with hot pink paint.   I stenciled some on the corners let that dry, then I added stamps to the background using paint and Claudine Helmuth stamps. 


I made me a heart stamp out of a TP roll and stamped some of those on the background with paint. :)  I added the tag which I layered paper on and then stamped BE with Tim Holtz worn text stamps .. I also stamped HAPPY using the same set.    I used some Evergreen Baugh distress stain and dyed some seam binding to add to the tag.   I found a pink flower that kinda helped give it some pop !!!    Here is the finished project ... I kinda like it  .. LOL

 
 
Next thing I'm going to start is my CC3C project .. hope to have that posted by Thursday because I'm leaving for Chicago on Friday to SHOP for three days !!   IKEA here I come .. LOL
 
Thanks for stopping in for a look .. Happy Crafting !!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely card and I love how you used the TP roll to create the heart, very inventive! :) Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog...

    ReplyDelete