Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tim Holtz October Tag

Howdy all !    Things are slowing down and I'm making the time to get in my craft room and create .. yay !!   Tim's October tag is AMAZING as always and it uses his Distress Stain Sprays .. which I am dying to get my hands on.   I didn't have the pumpkin stamp either, so this is my take on Tim's tag  :)

I used the skeleton from his remnant rubs for my focus point since I don't have the pumpkin.    I used his halloween layering stencil and some modeling paste to do the back ground .. I put the protective piece back over the remnant rub when I put the modeling paste so my skeleton wouldn't be covered.


Now since I didn't have the distress stain sprays (dang it !!!)   I decided to try just to use the distress stains.   I spritzed water on the tag after it dried completely and then used spiced marmalade, shabby shutters and dusty concord.    Not happy with how it turned out .. but I wasn't sure if using my Dylusion sprays would be ok .. so I attemped the stains ..    I used black soot to distress the edges once I distressed the sides with the distressing tool.


 

I added some picket fence distress paint on the back of the monocles and some more remnant rubs added the wish bone on a swivel clasp ... added the alpha chips and bing bang boom it was done :)



Thanks for stopping in for a look ..  Happy Crafting !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment