Total Pageviews

Friday, February 6, 2015

Tim Holtz's February Tag

Howdy all and Happy Happy Friday !!

I'm so proud of myself ..  it's only the 6th of the month and I have Tim's tag done .. I"m super early again .. woo hoo.    Ok, I know it's only been two months, but I'm still excited :)    There was sewing .. well let's call it what it is .. stitching really ..  but to someone like me who is afraid of their sewing machine it's all sewing !   Here's proof that I do own a sewing machine


So when you see my finished tag .. you'll probably ask yourself "  self ..  why if she owns a sewing machine did she not use it and she hand stitched ?"   LOL    Well let me tell you .. it's because the thread came out of it's long path from top to bottom and I can't remember how to weed it all back through  :)    So I just keep looking at it like magically it's going to re-thread itself ..  nope, hasn't happened yet.

So we started with adding different ephemra to the tag in a quilt like pattern.  



I added some white picket fence paint to shabby it up ...then we used the black soot marker and traced along the edges of the ephemra and rubbed it out.


The I added an arrow with a heart charm .. I love these little charms !!



I put on a foil frame and then put in my heart which was cut from wool felt ( love that stuff!!)  I hand stiched it with wax linen thread because that was what was on the needle.   Can you tell by now I have this fear of anything that involves sewing or stiching .. LOL

 
 

I added some seam binding dyed with Antique Linen and it's complete .... YAY !!   Another tag to add in my binder I made especially for my tags.    This binder was made for the Compendium Challenge that I also participate in which is SUPER COOL !!!  



I hope everyone has a great weekend and finds time to play and create.

Thanks for stopping in for a look .. Happy Crafting !!!!



1 comment:

  1. Saw your Feb Tag at Tim Holtz blog. You nailed it completely. I am putting mine together now. I do not have all the same epherma but will improvise. I have the red felt heart; matter of fact I cut 2 red felt hearts to stitch on.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete