Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Follow your Art - Monday Challenge

Howdy all !    Well it's the 21st day of January and so far I'm doing really good at keeping to my New Years resolution to make time to create.    Now why can't I keep it this well when I say I'm going to lose weight  ...  lol.     Three weeks is great for me .. I'm sure the fact that it's something very easy to stick with is part of it.

So I'm doing the Simon's Monday Challenge.   This week the theme is " A", anything to do with like art, altered, etc.   I chose to do an art journal page.   I started a page and I like it up to this point .  Some paint, ink, gellato's and stamping.


I liked the background at this point.   So I wanted to do something out of my norm, which was stamp with Ranger Archival Coffee Ink .. I always go to the Jet Black.    So I grabbed some of my Wendy Vecchi stamps and started totally messing up my page.   This was just not the page to decide to stamp brown on, it just looks so harsh.

It just didn't work .. I'm not sure where I was going ..  I pretty much always have that feeling  :)  But it just didn't do it for me.    So I look at the other side of my Dylusions Journal that I had used to clean the ink off my stencils.   For some reason I liked it .. it was very plain .. which is nice .. I have a bad habit of making a mess and not really knowing when to quit.   So I'm going to put this page in the challenge.   


The brown ink worked here.   It's so simple and plain, but I really like it.   I wish I had a good camera so you could see the shimmer in the inks.  I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine .. Mustard and Chartreuse.  So I guess I learned less is more  :)

Thanks for stopping in for a look ..   I hope to do another project with my inspiration deck to share.

Happy Crafting !!


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous journal page! love the pretty color palette! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out so lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful creation! And the thing I loved the most was seeing your creative process in action in your clever write-up. I admire artists who can admit when something goes awry (cause we've all been there)! Your gorgeous project just goes to show that disaster can be turned into triumph! So thanks for inspiring me to not give up when things aren't working, but to look at other possibilities instead. Truly a lovely work of art and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always admired people who do art journals. Could you over stamp the brown flowers with a lighter color so the brown looks like a shadow? That may save the page. Or not. What do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being in the spotlight at Simon Says! Love how you followed your instincts to this lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty art journal pages. :) I love your design. The colors and patterns are nice. I also especially love your "message"...to follow your art! :) <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete