Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Long time no blog !!

I know I said in the beginning of the year that I was going to be a more consistant blogger, well I did good for a while but then I just stopped (kinda like working out :)    I have been continuing to learn and grow in my art journaling, which I still have a long way to go, but I really enjoy the inky, painty and randomness of it.  I have been taking some art journaling classes with Missy at For Keeps Sake, she is beyond amazing !!   So if you ever wanted to start and your in the area you should look her class up.   I'll share some of those pages in another posting.

I have also dipped a toe in painting.   I signed up for Donna Downey's "Canvas Create" in 2012 and I finally got around to trying a couple.  Just like journaling I have a long way to go, but it's fun learning and trying new things.     Here are a couple of the ones I've attempted.    I started out trying to use the cheap acrylic paint you can get at Michaels or Hobby Lobby .. but I really noticed the difference when I let go of the money for the Goldens Fluid Acrylic that Donna uses.    It's not cheap, but you get such a vibrant color from it and it just seems more workable.


I've also been busy with taking Christy Tomlinson's "Behind the Art".    I'll share some of those projects in a future post .. which I promise won't be 3 months from now  :)   Thanks for coming by and looking.

Happy Crafting !!

No comments:

Post a Comment