Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year !!

I'm going to start 2014 off the right way,  I'm going to blog.   I'm not one for resolutions, but I decided that I am going to make one this year..  I'm going to be more creative and allow myself more time to be creative .   This is one I think I can keep :)

While looking at the blogs in blog land I came across something I thought would really help.  It's called the Mixed media inspiration deck by Kiala Givehand.  It's a deck of 52 cards that each have something on to inspire you, like, use a crafty tool, use spray ink with stencils, rub gesso in random places and many more.  You can deal out like 5 cards and build a journal page by using the 5 things suggested.   I'm looking so forward to trying this.  I'm only going to promise to do it once a month and share, but if it turns into more then all the better!!  Here are a couple pics of the deck






I believe I paid $15 plus shipping.  If you would like to order visit kialagivehand.com and this will take you to her blog for more inspiration.  

I'm also doing Stephanie Ackermans at Homegrown Hospitality online workshop 52 Pick Me Up.  You do a card a week for 52 weeks.  Each card will have a quote to inspire you in your daily life.  So I'll be sharing that too.  It will involve mixed media techniques.  You can get more info on the class at Homegrownhospitality.typepad.com.

I hope you all will join me on my creativity journey of 2014 ..  Happy New Year everyone.

Happy Crafting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment