Total Pageviews

Friday, February 21, 2014

Hazel & Ruby Love

Howdy all !!    Happy Friday  :)    I hope everyone around the St. Louis area survived the strong winds yesterday .. crazy stuff.   I'm going to show a project I've just done with my Hazel & Ruby stencil masks .. I love love love their products .. all I have right now are some stencil masks, but I've ordered some of their paper and other goodies so I can't wait to get it and start playing.

I started with my IKEA cart.   I use this to put all my paints and supplies ..  I probably could of cleaned it up a bit before I did the pictures, but I didn't want to give the impression that I'm a clean crafter .. I am so far from that ..  just being honest .. LOL

So here is the cart in it's Plain Jane glory ...........................

So I had a cute idea and here it was ......................................


Not bad right ???   Well of course after I finished I was like  " oh this would of been so much more me and so much better .. so as luck would have it .. the cart has two sides  :)    So on to idea #2.  Here it is in the beginning stages ..............


See where I'm going with it .. LOL    The peace sign was made by using the circle scallop in the Everyday Shapes set and then I used the border line around the Broadside Alpha which is also the set I used for the lettering ..  Here are the pieces ....  See the border on the alpha sheet .. that is what I cut to make my lines for the peace sign .. it worked perfect !



So here is the finished product and I'm so happy with it ..  it really put the perfect touch to my art cart.


I used a spouncher and cheap acrylic white paint from Michaels.  I didn't want to paint it with a brush because I like the textured look of the spouncher .. especially around the edges .. I wasn't going for perfect, I really like the look.    I have a couple other things I'm working on with my stencil masks which I hope to post soon.   That thing called work gets in the way of my play time .. LOL.

I hope everyone has a great weekend .. thanks for stopping in for a look .. Happy Crafting !!

No comments:

Post a Comment