Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Another Hazel and Ruby Project

Howdy all !   We've been on the weather roller coaster here is St. Louis.   It's 82 one day and then snowing and 40 the next.   You have to love it !!!

I just wanted to show you another Hazel & Ruby project I've been working on ..  my stencil mask addiction is still going strong  :)     I just put in another order yesterday for some of their new stencils masks .. can't wait to get them !!!

I started with this .. a red metal sign.   I picked it up at Hobby Lobby when they had their Valentines day stuff 80% off.   It was like $1.50..  love a bargain !!


I didn't love the red and knew I was going to cover it with tissue paper so I threw a couple coats of white acrylic paint on it .. I just used the cheap stuff from Michaels.

Then I covered it with Hazel  and Ruby "Pass the tissue, chevron newspint" tissue paper.   This stuff is great, it's the perfect weight for projects like this .. it's not too thin.

Then I placed my stencils masks .. I used the Brooklyn Alpha and the Blindside Alpha for the words. 
And then I used a small stencil brush and black acrylic paint and just dabbed around the words .. I didn't want to cover it all so those sweet chevrons would show.    Here is the finished project .............





Looking at it now I would change one thing.   I would of used larger letters.  But I was trying to stay within the middle opening of the metal sign .. after covering it though you don't see that.   I did like the way it turned out though.   I added a Teresa Collins flower , some blink and Melissa Francis rolled ribbon on the bottom to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping in for a look .. Happy Crafting !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment