Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Paste

Howdy all !  We've been hit with sleet and soon snow here in St. Louis.   So I'm using today as a play day to catch up on some things.   And one of those things was to do a project for Simon Says Monday Challenge ..talk about getting in under the wire  :)

The challenge theme this week is Paste .. modeling paste ..  something I love to add to canvas's, art journal pages and tags ..  I love the dimension it adds to a project.

So I started with a 4x4 canvas.  I used mustard seed distress stain around the sides of the canvas.   I used my modeling paste and a Wendy Vecchi stencil .. Brick Wall and applied that to my canvas.  Once the modeling paste was dry I brushed Wild Honey distress paint over the paste.   I didn't want full coverage so I left a lot of white showing.

 
Then I added some embellishments.  I used a paper doily, which I tend to use a lot when layering embellishments.   I put some chipboard from October Afternoon - Farmhouse.   The flower is from prima .. I thought the teal gave it a little pop.    The pins are from Maya Road .. again I used some teal so it broke up the yellowness .. if that's a word .. of this canvas !
 

And here is the finished canvas.   I inked the sides to dull down the yellow .. I kicked around adding some burlap or tissue to make it not so yellow, but neither really seemed to work the way I wanted them to.   So I left well enough alone and stopped   :)

Thanks for stopping in for a look .. Happy Crafting !!!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely canvas! A great use of paste. It created a fun background. Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete