Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Winged Things

Happy Wednesday everyone !!  Hope your week is going good so far.   I have been hitting every Joann's in the area trying to get my hands on the new Heidi Swapp stuff .. especially while it's 40% off.  I went to one and it was EMPTY ..  the stuff is flying off the shelves.

This weeks theme for Simon Says Monday Challenge is .. Winged Things  :)

So I decided to start with a Tim Holtz burlap panel .. I love these panels because they have a solid back under the burlap .. it makes it so easy to work with having a sturdy back.   I chose paper from the new Heidi Swapp paper pad.


Since it had wings in the theme I knew I wanted to add the saying "Fly with brave wings".  I used Tim Holtz's Elementary Alpha Chips.  I distressed the edges of the paper before putting it down on the canvas with walnut stain distress ink.


Of courses after I glued them down I discovered that wings went on a little wonky.   Honestly I have issues with hanging or gluing things straight so it's almost like my mark added to the project .. LOL  For the wings .. I put a butterfly.  I used Heidi Swapp color shine in mustard to spray the butterfly.  I layered another Heidi Swapp butterfly from her ephemera.


I used pop dots to lift the butterfly.  I placed a doily and a flower cut from Teresa Collin's Vintage paper pad under the butterflys.   The sequins are also Teresa Collin's, as well as the glittery gold banner coming off of wings.   The heart pins are from Jillibean.   

I like to think my eyes are off balance and that is why I can't glue or hang straight.   It sounds good anyway .. I always look at it and I swear it's straight .. but then I look at the finished project and it's all wonky.  :)

Have a great rest of the week .. thanks for stopping in for a look .. and Happy Crafting !!!!


1 comment:

  1. Kim...your piece for Simon Says is so pretty! I love anything with wings! :) I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such a nice comment about my CC3C triptych. It's much appreciated! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete