Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Simon Says Challenge - Yellow

I hope everyone weathered the storms here in the mid-west ok.   My heart goe's out to the people in Arkansas.  I can't imagine losing everything and starting over.  As long as I had my family and all my pets were ok then the material items wouldn't matter.

I've missed the last two weeks of challenges .. sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day :)  This weeks challenge theme is "Yellow".    So I decided to make a tag.  I used the same base technique as Tim Holtz used in his tag for April.    I layered some tissue tape down on the tag and then used some mustard seed distress paint for the base color.  I distressed it a bit with some walnut stain distress ink and then spritzed some water on it to grunge it up alittle.


I've had Tim's XL Tattered Floral die for a couple months now and I thought this would be a good time to get it out.    So I used some pattern paper from Glitz and some burlap to cut the flower out of.  Luckily the back of the pattern paper was solid green, that couldn't of worked out any better !





So I layered the flower on the card and glued it down.   I added one of Tim's tokens to the middle that said "Imagine" as the flower center.  Normally it would be bling, but it just didn't fit this tag.    I also added one of Tim's word bars and some jute string.    I used Squeezed Lemonade to color my ribbon for the top of the tag.    All in all I think I hit the yellow theme .. LOL  Here's the finished tag ............


 
I hope you all have a great rest of the week.   I've started to join in on the CC3C challenge with Linda Ledbetter so I will post that in the next couple days with all the details in case you would like to join too  :) 
 
Thanks for stopping in for a look .. Happy Crafting !!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy background! I love the waterspots and the text in the backgorund. the flower is a beautiful focal point! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Mellow Yellow!

    ReplyDelete