Total Pageviews

Monday, July 14, 2014

My new addiction

Howdy all !!!    Hope everyone had a great weekend.   The weather here is St. Louis hasn't been too bad, especially for July.   The next couple days will be in the 70's .. crazzzzzzy for this time of year here in the midwest, but I'll take it  :)

My newest addiction is recyled belt bracelets.   While I was on vacation I took an online workshop with Christy Tomlinson.   Anything this girl does is A-Mazing !   She takes belts and makes them into really cute bracelets.   It involves metal stamping, which I'm getting better at .. it takes some practice.   My big issue right now is getting my metal plates riveted straight on the bracelet.   I swear I could use a laser level and it will still be wonky.    I'm thinking I'll call my Etsy shop -"Wonky like me"  :)    I'm always just a little off .. lol

Here are some pics of the ones I've done .. remember I just started  .. so be kind  :)




 
The last one is by far one of my faves.   I added a Tim Holtz flower to it.   I love the font I used in the first one .. I think that is my new go to font.    The one with the heart is for my anniversary .. 20 years Wednesday with my sweetie.   The BEST 20 years .. I'm not sure how he puts up with me, but he does :)   
 
So you can see how wonky some of the metal plates are .. and some letters I get alittle carried away with the hammer .. but it's all a learning process.   And I"m having fun doing it and that's really all that matters. Check out Christy Tomlinson's blog for details if you'd like to take this online workshop.
 
I hope everyone has a great week and gets some time to create something.   Thanks for stopping in for a look ..... Happy Craftiing !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment