Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Work In Progress

Well when I got home I ran down to my craft room and tore into my Hazel and Ruby stencils.    I chose a flat canvas so I could frame it ... so I used a 5x7.    I'm not really liking the frame too much, I think it's a tad too much frame .. I think once I change it out I might start liking it a little more.

I used Maggie Holmes paper and mod podged the paper to the canvas.   I put a light coat of mod podge over the top to seal it.   Then I put the stencils on the canvas and it looked like this


Finding the right color to paint over this was easy, I used my go to color for everything  :)   Robins Egg Blue - I used the cheap acrylic paint from Michael's.   I used a light coat so that some of the print of the paper would show underneath.

 
Once it was covered, I used a Tim Holtz picker to pull the stencils off.   I didn't get a picture of what it looked like before I put it in the frame, sorry.  :)     Here is the finished product .. well not finished, I'm going to change the frame out.    I like the embellishments on the frame, just not the size of the frame.
 

The embellishments are also Maggie Holmes.  The star pin is from Maya Road.    I really like the way the canvas turned out.   These stencils are so easy to use and store.    You leave them on the sheets they come on and once you use them you just put them back on and use a baby wipe to clean them off.  Very cool !!!   I can't wait to add more of their products to my stash .. they have some really cool unique items.   Here are the stencil sets I used for this project...


Thanks for stopping by ... Happy Crafting !!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment