Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Another Hazel & Ruby Project

Happy Saturday everyone !!

Ok, I changed out the frame for my last project using the Hazel & Ruby stencils .. I think it looks better, the frame was just too much last time .. although I love those frames from IKEA.   So here it is ..what do you think ???


I went to Archiver's yesterday and bought the larger set of letter stencils from Hazel & Ruby .. I'm really going to miss Archivers  :(      And then today at walmart in the Christmas stuff I found this wood coke board


It was only $2.50, of course right away I was like I can do something so much cuter with it.  Everything I look at my mind races thinking about how I can change it or make it more crafty .. LOL .. it's a sickness !!
 
So I dug into my Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper stack and found this really cute yellow paper.   I mod podged it on, put a light coat on top and then placed the stencils, I used the large ones to pop the words LIFE and CREATING and the smaller letters for the rest of the words.   I'm not completely done with it .. I still have more to do, but here is what I have so far .. I decided to go with a gray/white wash over the yellow.    I wasn't a big fan of yellow and gray, but it's growing on me.   I know I want to do more, just not sure what .. so I walked away from it and tomorrow I'll tackle it again.
 

I'm sorry for the poor quality pics, but all I have is my iphone.  A nice digital camera is on my wish list  :)    I hope everyone is having a great weekend and getting some creative time.

Thanks for stopping in .. Happy Crafting !!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment