Total Pageviews

Monday, January 6, 2014

Project with inspiration deck

I think I have blogged more in the first six days then I did all last year .. lol.   Today is a snow day from work, we had 12 inches of snow yesterday and right now the temp is 7 below and the windchill is 32 below .. crazy temps !!    So with my snow day I decided to do one project that would cover two goals.   First goal is to use my inspiration deck and goal two complete something for Simon Says Stamp and Show Monday Challenge. 

Here are the 5 cards I pulled from my inspiration deck



And here's the tag I created
 
 
My first card was to journal using a permanent pen .. ok you have to look really hard to see that journaling  :)    I'm not loving my handwriting so I'm just starting to force myself to journal in some fashion.   So I took my pitt pen and put "be happy " on the bottom of the tag.
 
Second card - create shape using book pages.    I decided to go with an easy cut, and cut out pieces to make a flower.  I mod podged those to the tag.
 
Third card -  add a quote -  Since I don't like my own writing I chose stickers with a quote and added that to my tag to the lower right hand corner.
 
Fourth card -  Go wild -  This card allows you to use what ever techniques you want.   I used a couple different ones.   I used the mono printing technique and Brayed stain technique that I learned in Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 102 (awesome class)   The background isn't one of my favorites, but I needed to use blue for the Simon says stamp and show challenge.   I also used some modeling paste with Tim Holtz's Dot Fade stencil .. my go to favorite.   I also used Tim's stencils on the background, I used Stars and Bubble.  I used Tim Holtz distress ink in Old Paper and Salty Ocean .. distress stain in peeled paint and salty ocean for coloring the ribbon.
 
Last card was to add washi tape, tissue tape or something like it.    I'm addicted to washi tape, have tons of it !!   So I picked a green washi to use like grass.
 
The tag turned out cute, has some flaws, but what project of mine doesn't :).   I'm learning and growing each day.
 
Thanks for looking .. Happy crafting !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment