Total Pageviews

Monday, May 12, 2014

A quick Hazel and Ruby project

Howdy all and Happy Monday !

I was shopping over the weekend and found the cutest little phone cover.   It was Kate Spade, which I knew would be crazy, but when I turned the box and looked at the price tag .. it was $49.95 !!    That is truly crazy .. for a phone cover !    

So I knew I could make me one close enough and LOVE it !    Hazel and Ruby to the rescue.    I bought a $5 clear cover, the rest I had at home.    I cut a piece of white cardstock to layer my Pass the Tissue "Quote Collage" on ... I love this stuff and now Michaels stocks Hazel & Ruby.    I'm loving that idea now I can get EVERYTHING and use 40% off coupons  :)   Sorry got lost in the excitement of a sale.. lol

So after layering the tissue on the cardstock. I put a light coat of mod podge on my tissue where the heart stencil mask would be placed so I knew it would come off clean and easy.   I placed my stencil mask and used some cheap acrylic paint and dabbed around the heart.    So here is the Kate Spade $50 cover ..................

And here is my $5 copy cover  :)




I'm pretty happy with it .. especially the price difference!     I hope everyone has a great week.   I hope to get Tim Holtz's May tag done and posted this week as well as my CC3C challenge project .. which this weeks challenge is .. DISTRESS GLITTER !!   Woo Hoo ..  love anything shiney !!

Thanks for stopping in for a look .. Happy Crafting !!

No comments:

Post a Comment